Last Updated: 12 June 2018
By Maynard Paton
This page describes how to transfer a MailPoet email newsletter from WordPress to Sendy.
My instructions assume you are familiar with installing WordPress plugins, and also cover inserting the 'webversion' and 'unsubscribe' tags into your Sendy email campaign.
I use MailPoet for my Sendy emails because the plugin is free and the newsletter designer is simple and flexible. In addition, MailPoet -- being a WordPress plugin -- can easily insert my WordPress-hosted blogs and images into my emails for Sendy.
Please note that my instructions do not cover how to create a MailPoet newsletter in WordPress (visit the MailPoet website for details).
Here are the steps to follow
1) Install the MailPoet Newsletters (version 3) plugin into your WordPress set-up:
2) Create your MailPoet email newsletter (visit MailPoet for instructions):
3) Highlight the 'open with browser' text and click the link button:
4) Set Url to [webversion]:
5) Highlight the 'unsubscribe' text and click the link button:
6) Set Url to [unsubscribe]:
7) Select PREVIEW and click View in browser:
8) Your email campaign should now appear. Right click and then select View Frame Source:
9) The HTML of your email campaign should now appear:
Press CTRL + A to select all of the HTML and then CTRL + C to copy to your clipboard:
10) Within Sendy, create a campaign and then click Source:
11) Within the HTML editor window, press CTRL + A to select all of the default HTML text:
12) Press CTRL + V to paste your MailPoet email campaign HTML into Sendy:
Then click Source.
13) Your MailPoet email campaign has now been transferred to Sendy with the proper Sendy 'webversion' and 'unsubscribe' tags!
14) All done!
It is definitely worth considering Sendy.
I currently have a list of 24,560 subscribers, and if I want to send a campaign to that list, I might end up spending $250 per campaign in MailChimp.
But now I spend only about $3 per campaign, which allows me to send more than five campaigns per month and saves me more than $1,200 per month.
MailChimp 'Disruptor'. $59 One-Off Fee. Full Refund Available.