Last Updated: 17 April 2018
By Maynard Paton
Welcome to Part 10 of Installing Sendy and Virtualmin on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This page describes how to install an SSL certificate for Sendy within Virtualmin on your AWS server.
Here are the steps to follow
1) If you have just completed Part 9, you should already be logged in to Virtualmin.
Otherwise, log in to Virtualmin by navigating to Your Virtualmin Installation URL within your browser:
(For the purposes of this guide, I have used testdemo.colcolmail.co.uk:10000)
The username is root and the password is the server root password you set within Part 3. Then click Sign in.
2) Within the left-hand Virtualmin menu, select Server Configuration and then Manage SSL Certificate:
3) The Manage SSL Certificate page for Your Sendy installation URL should appear:
Click Let’s Encrypt, and the following screen should appear:
4) Select Domain names listed here, then enter Your Sendy Installation URL within the Request certificate for box:
For Months between automatic renewal, select the empty box and enter 2.9
Then click Request Certificate.
5) You should then receive your SSL certificate:
6) Within the left-hand Virtualmin menu, select Server Configuration and then Manage SSL Certificate:
7) The Manage SSL Certificate page for Your Sendy Installation URL should appear:
The details should now include Let’s Encrypt and an expiry date of just less than three months away.
Then click Copy to Webmin.
8) Your SSL certificate should now be copied to Webmin:
9) Now check your browser navigation bar. Depending on your browser, you should see Not Secure or similar:
10) Within the left-hand Virtualmin menu, click the logout icon at the bottom:
11) Close your browser window, open a new browser window and then return to Virtualmin by entering Your Virtualmin Installation URL:
(For the purposes of this guide, I have used testdemo.colcolmail.co.uk:10000.)
Your browser should now indicate Secure or similar.
12) Log back in to Virtualmin. The username is root and the password is the server root password you set within Part 3.
13) All done!
If you have any questions or comments about this page, please let me know so I can keep this website as helpful as possible.
(Want to learn more? Click here to visit the full website index.)
“To be honest, the email marketing solution that we are using at present is an ideal solution, Yes, I am talking about… Sendy."
MailChimp 'Disruptor'. $59 One-Off Fee. Full Refund Available.